Frequently asked questions
Can the lower level be rented out?
Yes, you can pay just a rental fee for the lower level, with your option to have an event catered or bring in your own food. This would be for other than a wedding. Many people have hosted bridal/baby showers and birthday parties, to name a few.
Please contact us for pricing.
We are now offering special prices on this level for a boutique wedding.
Do you have a seperate area for cocktail hour for the guests?
You have the option of cocktail hour on the top floor, overlooking the Ballroom, for your guests, as part of the rental fee. This area is only accessible by stairs.
Is the Castle hanicapped accessible?
We have a ramp down to the ceremony room and a second, longer ramp to the Ballroom.
How many guests can you accommodate for a reception?
We can comfortably seat up to 180 guests on the main floor of the Castle and an additional seating for 50 more on the top level. We have hosted receptions as intimate as 45 guests.
NOTE: Due to Covid 19, only 50ppl are curremtly allowed for a reception.
Is there a seperate area for the ceremony? What is the rental fee for a ceremony & reception or just the ceremony?
Yes, our lower level of the Castle is for the ceremony and comfortably seats 180 guests. For a ceremony and reception, you will have 5 1/2 hours. For 125 people or less - the rental fee is $3850.00, over 125 people-the rental fee is $4350.00
The rental fee for the ceremony area includes:
- A rehearsal an evening or two before the event
- An on site coordinator
- A music system for your DJ to use
- Access to a baby grand piano
- Additional time for the bridal party to arrive earlier(1 1/2 hours prior to the ceremony start time), to use the bridal ready room for the ladies and the pool table room for the gentlemen.
- White "garden" folding chairs.
- Air conditioning
- A Bridal "ready" room for the ladies, with a private bathroom.
- A pool table for the groomsmen.
We can also accommodate a "ceremony only", with the reception scheduled at another location. The fee is $1000.00 and includes, one hour prior to the ceremony start time, for the bridal party to arrive. There will be 1/2 hour allowed at the end of the ceremony for pictures to be taken. This will include access to the patio.The time will be determined by what may be scheduled at the Castle for the day.
What is the rental fee for the reception and what does it include?
Our 2020 rental fee for a 5 hour reception is $3500.00.For 100 guests or less, $3000.00 for a 5 hour reception.
- An option of your cocktail hour on the top floor, overlooking the Ballroom. Accessible by stairs only.
- All tables for your guests, round tables that seat 8ppl or 6ppl
- Head table option of long or round tables
- Merlot banquet chairs
- All additional tables for your place cards, guest book,cake and gift table, and any other tables requested.
- Elegant white,matching dishes,coffee cups and saucers.
- Oneida "Aquarius" patterned silverware.
- Central air conditioning
- Room lighting dimmers for the Castle.
- Your on site planner and day of coordinator.
Are there "time slots" that we have to schedule our reception for?
We host only one reception a day, so you have the flexibility of selecting your time of the event and may also add additional time, for a maximum of 6 hours total. All events end by 11pm and by Midnight on Fridays. Guests may take their time to leave after the end of the event.
Do you have an outdoor area for a ceremony?
Our patio area will seat up to 100 guests for a ceremony or approx.120 guests with less chairs and some standing room. There is an additional fee of $250.00
Do you have an outdoor area?
On the patio:
You may have a smaller, intimate ceremony for 100 seated guests or 120 guests, with less chairs and some standing room
Cocktail hour for 125 or less
A perfect place for your photos
Seating for your guests to enjoy the evening at any time of the event.
A garden water fountain.
Door "props" for pictures-barn door and formal door
Who caters at the Castle?
We have 3 caterers to choose from. They will be providing:
- All food ,except for the wedding cake( an outside bakery or family is fine)
- Bar and service
- A neatly attired and professional wait staff.
- Linens(basic and upscale(depending on the caterer selected))
- Cloth napkins
- Each table is set to perfection.
- Staff that has full knowledge to answer all of your guests questions and cater to their individual needs.
There is no charge for the cake cutting.
Assistance for the elderly.
OUR 3 CATERERS ARE:
CARNEGIE CATERING(NICK & ANGELO'S RISTORANTE)-LIVERPOOL
FEAST & FESTIVITIES BY O'CONNOR'S-NEW HARTFORD
THE BLACK STALLION RESTAURANT-VERNON
Do you host other events besides weddings?
Yes,we can host:
High school proms
Non profit events